Thai-style Chicken Flatbread
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium naan
- 1/2 cup peanut dipping sauce (below)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- For the peanut sauce:
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine the chicken with the soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch and let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over high heat. When hot, add the chicken pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Brush the olive oil all over the edges of the naan. Spread the peanut dipping sauce on each naan. Top with the mozzarella and cooked chicken. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven, top with cilantro and roasted peanuts.
To make the peanut sauce:
- Heat the oil in small saucepan over medium-low heat. When the oil is just starting to get hot, add the garlic and ginger and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce, water, and peanut butter and stir until smooth. Simmer until thickened. Let cool.