Thai Peanut Salad Wonton Cups
Recipe from: The Busy Baker
These Thai Peanut Salad Wonton Cups are the perfect appetizer or light lunch! They feature a delicious Thai-inspired peanut dressing over shredded veggies, topped with crushed peanuts, all in a crispy wonton shell! They’re easy to make and they’re the perfect healthy party recipe!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes chili flakes
- 450 grams shredded cabbage and carrots buy a pre-washed bag at the grocery store if you wish!
- 1-2 tbsp sliced green onions
- 2-3 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and place 2 wonton wrappers inside each muffin cup, making sure to offset the corners to create a "flower" pattern. Push the wrappers down into the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-13 minutes or until the cups are crispy and slightly browned. Let them cool in the muffin tin until they reach room temperature and then remove them to a wire rack or serving platter.
- Combine the peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime juice, oil, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, salt and red pepper flakes in a small bowl and whisk very well until combined. Set the dressing aside.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots to a large bowl. I like to use a pre-washed bag of coleslaw mix for this recipe when I'm in a hurry and it always works really well. My favourite is a mix of green cabbage, red cabbage and shredded carrots because the colours are gorgeous and the flavour combination is perfect for this recipe. If you'd rather use fresh cabbage and carrots and shred them yourself, go for it!
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mix and toss well to coat.
- Spoon the cabbage salad into the cooled wonton cups and arrange them on a serving tray or platter.
- Top them with the sliced green onions and crushed peanuts and serve immediately!
Recipe Notes: To help the wonton wrappers keep their crunch it's best to serve these immediately after assembling. If you're making them for a party, feel free to assemble the cabbage salad ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until it's time to serve. Simply spoon the salad into the cups right before serving, and you're good to go!