Spicy Cajun Boiled Peanuts
- 1 lb Raw Peanuts (rinsed)
- 10 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Sea Salt
- 2 Tb Salt Free Cajun Spice Blend
- 1 (2oz) Bottle of Tabasco Sauce
- In a large pot, bring ingredients to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium/low. Cover partially with a lid and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Check the consistency of one peanut. It probably will not be soft yet.
- Cover and continue simmering and stirring every so often. Check every hour to see if the peanuts are soft and chewy. Add additional water if needed. (I added and additional 3 cups towards the end)
- Once the peanuts are done cooking, remove from heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. (I cooked my peanuts for 4 hours, cooking times vary)
- Serve hot or cold. Refrigerate peanuts in an airtight container with some of the cooking liquid.