Peanut Log Candy Bar
Recipe from Julie of Julie Measures
Inspired by the 2017 Texas Peanut Blog Tour
These Peanut Log Candy Bars contain a sweet, gooey marshmallow and caramel center and are covered in salty, crunchy peanuts. Slice up your peanut log for a decadent treat!
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds caramels
- 4 1/2 Tbsp water
- 2 pounds peanuts
- Combine the marshmallow cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Add the powdered sugar. Knead together on a flat surface until smooth.
- Divide kneaded marshmallow mixture into 8 rolls.
- Roll marshmallow rolls into 6 inch logs. Wrap and freeze overnight.
- Combine caramels and water into a microwave safe dish and melt. (30 second intervals, stirring in between)
- Spread peanuts on parchment or wax paper for rolling.
- Unwrap frozen marshmallow logs and cover in melted caramel.
- Place caramel covered log on peanuts and cover log.
- Place peanut logs on a baking sheet and put in refrigerator to harden.
- Slice and serve!