Peanut Butter & Blackberry Jelly Pancakes
Makes 8- 6 in” pancakes Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Pancake batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- Blackberry topping
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together peanut butter, milk, and eggs until one smooth mixture is formed.
- Add liquid ingredients to the flour mix. Stir until a smooth pancake batter has formed and all lumps are gone.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the skillet in cooking spray.
- Add about 1/3 cup of pancake batter to the skillet. Allow the pancake to cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Continue until all batter is used. Use cooking spray as needed.
- In a medium saucepan, add blackberries and brown sugar.
- Over medium heat, gently stir blackberries and sugar until the sugar dissolves and the blackberries begin to soften.
- Sprinkle flour over berries and stir until flour has dissolved. Allow the mixture to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add maple syrup to the saucepan. Stir occasionally until the syrup comes to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Top pancakes with blackberry topping. Enjoy!