PB&J Cinnamon Rolls
Recipe from The Candid Appetite
These PB&J Cinnamon Rolls will be your new favorite way to cinnamon roll. Sweet dough filled with peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Topped with more pb&J!
- 4½ to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet (2¼ teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, diced
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup seedless strawberry jam or jelly, melted
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ cup seedless strawberry jam or jelly, melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1½ cups all purpose flour and yeast. In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the milk, butter, sugar and salt just until warmed through and the butter has just started to melt. Add to the flour mixture along with the eggs, and peanut butter and beat on low for 1 minute, scraping bottom and sides of the bowl as needed. Add as much of the remaining flour as needed to create a soft, somewhat sticky dough that pulls away from the sides. It'll stick to the bottom but that's okay. Knead on high for 5 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and transfer to a greased bowl, turning over to coat both sides. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel. Allow to rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and transfer to a well-floured work surface. Roll out into a large rectangle about ¼-inch thick. In a medium bowl, stir together the peanut butter and jelly. It doesn't have to be fully incorporated. Then spread out evenly onto the rolled dough, leaving about 1 inch, lengthwise, of unfilled dough. Roll into a tight log, lengthwise, making sure to pinch the seam to seal it somewhat. Trim the ends and then cut into 12 even slices. Place into a greased 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake the rolls until puffed up and golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then carefully invert onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Invert again onto a baking sheet, so that the rolls are right side up.
- To make the topping, whisk together the powdered sugar, peanut butter and enough milk as needed to create a spreadable glaze that isn't too runny. Spread onto the baked and cooled rolls and then top each with jelly. Serve and enjoy!
The Candid Appetite
The Candid Appetite