No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Recipe from: Handle the Heat
No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream requires just a few ingredients and a few minutes of prep for a rich creamy ice cream with tons of peanut butter flavor!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a large bowl combine the condensed milk and 1 cup of the peanut butter until smooth.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between bursts, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream and vanilla on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined. Gently stir in the peanut butter cups.
- Layer the ice cream in a freezer-safe container with dollops and drizzles of the melted peanut butter. Once all of the ice cream and peanut butter is inside the container, use a knife to gently swirl the mixture.
- Cover the surface with plastic wrap before sealing the container. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or until firm and the flavor has ripened.
Notes: The sweetened condensed milk should not be substituted in this recipe.
Handle the Heat