- 12 fresh whole dates
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
- sea salt
- With a sharp knife, cut a small slit across the top of each date from end to end. Lightly squeeze the date and pry out the seed. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Fill each date with a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter and return to the baking sheet. Place peanut butter stuffed dates in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a shallow microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and then return to the microwave for about 30 more seconds before stirring until completely smooth.
- Remove dates from the refrigerator. Dip one at a time into the melted chocolate, coating the date and the peanut butter completely. Return to the baking sheet and wait about a minute before sprinkling the top of each date with a pinch of sea salt.
- Let chocolate covered dates set completely at room temperature (or quicker in the refrigerator) before enjoying.