- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c lukewarm water
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Marshmallow Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 1/3 c Marshmallow cream
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt
- Peanuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix together. Batter will be runny.
- Place paper liners in two cupcake tins. Fill batter between 1/2 and 2/3 full. Place in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, rotating pans once.
***Makes 24 cupcakes***
Marshmallow Cream Filling Instructions:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Using an electric mixer, mix together until smooth. Place in a Ziploc bag until ready to use.
Peanut Butter Frosting Instructions:
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and peanut butter. Gradually add in sugar and milk a little at a time. Mix until well combined and creamy. Add in vanilla extract and salt and mix to combine.
- To create cupcakes, create a hole (either using a melon scooper or cupcake baller) in the middle of the cupcake.
- Take the Marshmallow Cream Filling and cut a hole at one corner of the Ziploc bag. Fill each cupcake with Marshmallow Cream.
- Place Peanut Butter frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Frost cupcakes. Top with crushed peanuts.