- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup low-fat cultured Buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
For the icing
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the first six ingredients. In another bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl. Lightly stir until all dry ingredients are wet. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fill baking cups 3/4 full and bake for 16 minutes or until lightly golden on the top.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before topping with icing.
- For the icing
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer beat until everything is well combined. Pour into an icing bag or baggie and then cut the tip. Create zig zags along the tops of the muffins.