Chewy Chocolatey Peanut Cranberry Granola Bars
Makes: 10 bars (3 in x 2 in bars) Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine peanuts, oats, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, over low-medium heat, whisk together coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. Continue mixing until all ingredients have melted together and form a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Add liquid to the dry ingredients and mix together until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Dump the granola bar mix into the baking dish. Using a spatula to evenly spread and press the mix in the dish. Once compact, sprinkle the top with the chocolate chunk pieces.
- Place in the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 10 evenly divided bars.
- Eat as a snack or for breakfast. Store in an air tight container- good for 1 week in the fridge and 3-4 days at room temp.