- 2½ lbs. chicken wings, drumlettes & wings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spicy Peanut Sauce:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoon hot water
- ¼ cup diced fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1½ tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- optional garnish: diced red pepper, fresh cilantro, diced green onions, peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken with water and pat dry.
- Place chicken in a large bowl, add sesame oil, canola oil, salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Toss chicken with your hands to make sure everything is coated.
- Line two baking sheets with tin foil and place a wire rack (or cooking rack) on each baking sheet. Line the chicken up on the wire rack.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- While the chicken is cooking to a medium bowl add, peanut butter, hot water, fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, tamari sauce (or soy sauce), garlic chili sauce, and fresh ginger. Whisk until the mixture is smooth. If the sauce is not to the consistency you like it, add more hot water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When chicken comes out of the oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the peanut sauce over the wings and toss so all the wings are coated!
- Garnish with diced red pepper, chopped peanuts, green onions, and fresh cilantro.
- NOTE: for more of a kick drizzle with Sriracha sauce (that's how we like it)